Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas Wreath & Happy New Year!

So I said it was New Year's Eve but since it's 1:00 a.m., we have officially begun 2011! My brand new blog starting off at the beginning of the brand spankin new year :)


So let's get back to Christmas, lol.


I absolutely fell in love with these yarn ball wreaths over at All Things Heart and Home. I chose to use green and mocha yarn balls with red ornaments. Sorry, no pics of the process (at this point I wasn't certain I would be starting my blog).   Robin at ATH&H has a great photo tutorial so be sure to check it out.


Instead of styrofoam balls, I used more ornaments to cover over with yarn. It's a little tricky at first, especially if you are using a smooth ornament, but it works just fine. You will need to remove the top hanger thing-a-ma-jig on the ornament and cut off the extra piece below that so your ball will be perfectly round. Make as many balls as you like. I made about 25 total using large and small ornaments. A variety of sizes work best.


Using a medium size wire wreath, hot glue the largest yarn balls onto the wreath spaced apart about an inch or so. I used about 9 large yarn balls for this. Then I simply hot glued the remaining smaller yarn balls and my ornaments into the empty spaces. I love how it turned out. I'm hoping to make another one that can hang year round.


And here she is!


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment